Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Sunday 26 April 2009

Cuttlebug - Nestabilitie Dies - Aperture Cards

Use your Cuttlebug, a Nestabilitie Die and make your own Aperture card.

You will remember this cute little image from my last tutorial on cutting, embossing and stencilling. This week I have found a use for my image to make the card that little bit different in the way of an Aperture Card.

You will need: 6 x 4 card blank, an oval Nestie the same size as the cut image.
Place die on card front - I have offset the position. Tape in place with a low tack tape or Post-its and run through the Cuttlebug.
Sandwich: A; B; Card with Die; C The result - with a nicely embossed edge! You could just leave the card like this, but I thought I would see what else you could do.
These are the materials I used:
A patterned paper cut smaller than the card with rounded corners. An acetate oval slightly larger than the image.

Tape the patterned paper to the inside front of the card - do use a very low tack tape or it will stick! I know this from experience, it is so annoying and frustrating when it happens!

Now place the oval you used for the front of the card inside the cut and again tape in place. Do this with care or you will mess up your first cut!!!! Use the same sandwich as before.
After running through the Bug you have now cut a perfectly positioned oval on your pattern paper. After placing the acetate oval over the aperture and securing in position you can then adhere the pattern paper and add your image to complete the surprise inside of the card.

To finished the outside of the card I just needed to round the corners with a punch and add a matching ribbon

I just love this Penny Black image kindly given to me by my Cuttlebug Mate Barbara and although the card is simple in design it looks classy.
Thanks for dropping by. I look forward to hearing from you as to how you found this week's tutorial. Have a good week, I'll be back mid week with something.....?!?!?!?

PS: Karen reminded me, that if you don't use the acetate for the window, you could cut the card and the paper at the same time. Thanks Karen - I'm always open to comments and ideas. x

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eileen ,Brilliant love this card, thanks for taking the time to do all these tutorials. Take Care bernie xx aka Lovecrafting Docrafts member.

Chrissie said...

Brilliant, yet again. This is another fab card Ikki. Super instructions too. It just gets better!
Chrissie

Karen said...

Lovely card: Great idea. Thank you.

I like the acetate to give it a more finished look but, of course, if you don't use it then you can cut the paper and card at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Another great tutorial and brilliant finished result! I intend to have a go at this asap.
Julie Mae (DC)

kay said...

fab idea ikki,only have circles at moment but will have a go
great tutorial.
kayx

Pinklady50 said...

Very cool--I'll have to try this! thanks for sharing with us!

tracy said...

another great tutorial i will attempt one of these fine days lol

Beryl. said...

Another beautiful card with a brilliant idea. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful ideas. Beryl xx

Alex said...

WOW: What a great idea, love the card.

Thanks for sharing.

Alex x

Magoo said...

oh my goodness that is just the best idea ever! Something I could definitely see myself doing..thank yo for sharing this :)

jan said...

Hi Ikki, Another brilliant tutorial, you never cease to amaze. I must say I do prefer it with acetate, much posher lol.

Happy crafting. Jan xx

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

I have just GOT to try this out! You make it look easy (and so beautiful!) Thanks for all your hard work in sharing your talent, :O)

Unknown said...

This is fab, looks stunning, you have some wonderful ideas & I love your blog

Jan (AutumnFaerie on CF)
xx

Merry said...

Too too clever...so glad I stumbled on to your blog...just hope that I can remember some of these tuts when I next do a card. thanks so much for sharing.