Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Thursday 14 May 2009

Tippy Thursday

Gosh, how the week flies when you're cuttling!

From last weeks tips embossing with stylus pen - I received the following additions:
Shirley (aka Shrilly Kent) - a bar of soap
Mary (aka smokiesmum) tumble dryer sheet, which also smells nice.
Both ladies are from the DC forum - thank you both for your suggestions.

I saw this next tip on SCS, but cannot give credit as I cannot find it again. Sorry! I have not tried this but it's on my list of "to do's". RUB-ONS. Just remove the backing sheet so it's ready to apply and run through the Bug. Seems easier than all that rubbing with a lolly stick!

I also received this suggestion from Liz (Fiffa DC) - Why not be adverturous with your frames. A circle with an oval/a square with an circle/a square with a square offset/Rectangle with a square. You no doubt have other suggestions???? Thanks Liz.

My tip of the week - on my last wedding card you will see a white flower. It is so pretty and just the thing for weddings, BUT the backing was so big that it stuck up and made it look ugly in the posy. I tried undoing the backing; I tried pushing and pulling - but no luck and THEN worth a try - ran it through the BUG and swoshed it! BUG to the rescue yet again - it did the trick and didn't spoil the flower. Thanks bug!

Off now to do some more cuttling projects for next week, hope you'll join me. If you have any tips/suggestions/ideas that you would like to share with us, please let me know - I'd love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great tips, love the one with the rubons, I've only used them once or twice and never get good results - will try again using my bug!

Thanks

Jan x