Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Wednesday 10 June 2009

Tippy Thursday - Nestabilities Labels

Hi, this week's Tippy Thursday looks at the Spellbinders Nestabilitie Labels. There are 6 different labels in the range and the names are more straightforward - perhaps Spellbinders are beginning to realise how confusing their names are.

The first Labels come in 2 sets and are just called Labels Large and Small.
Labels Large S4-168
Labels Small S4-169

They are meant to nest together to give a l/8" border difference

So to get a small border you do need both sets as the label on this card shows. With only one set the difference between the dies would be 1/4".



These are the other Labels in the range - all of these nest together with a 1/4" border

Labels One S4-161
Labels Two S4-162
Labels Three S4-189
Labels Four S4-190
All of the Labels in the range are great for matting and layering. The edges emboss well (with the Tan mat or an embossing pen) and give definition and interest to layers - the only drawback is that they are very "addictive" little beggers, get one - want all!

I have now detailed Circles, Ovals and Labels - and I think I'm about half way there! See you next week with more!!!! Happy die cutting,


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ikki, I'm finding all this information really helpful as I have just started buying nesties and yes they are very addictive...lol.
Liz G (Do Crafts)

1CardCreator said...

Thanks for detailing the Nesties, I too am new to them and I found it so confusing. Actually I could not tell from the brightly colored pictures what they were or why everyone had to have them and why they were so expensive! But I do agree, have 1 want them all. What they should tell us is that they eliminate the need for 12 or 14 paper punches. Thanks for sharing!
~Diane DCRU DT