Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Thursday 20 August 2009

Tippy Thursday #14

Hi, over the last couple of weeks gummed up scissors have been a subject in Tippy Thursday. I have been amazed at so many ways you can clean them, and the tips keep coming.

From Barb - Baby oil works and has a pleasant aroma as well.

and Clare D is in a chemical free zone, so here's her tip: "Use the magic Eraser! Just get it wet and scrub your scissors. It is also how I clean my Cricut spatula and I feel safer."
Thanks ladies. I wonder if there will be any more tips about this?

Today I thought I would share with you my lazy (easy) way of stamping. I'm quite a novice at this and find that after die cutting a small label, I have the problem of stamping in the middle of it. To save my frustration at getting sentiments squiffy, I found this was the way for me.

Chose your shape and draw round the outer edge in pencil.
Then you can see where you are stamping.
Then place your die inside the pencil line and cut. And, it's in the middle!

I realise that this is a bit basic for you experienced and confident stampers, but this may help others like myself who suffer with a shaking hand when stamping. And, that's before I have a drink!

This also helps if you have a number of small stamps you want to use to compose a picture.


Happy Cuttling,

6 comments:

Whisper said...

even for experienced crafters that's a brilliant idea, thanks Sam x

tracy said...

thanks for this tip, now to try it out, on a day free from kids

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this. I will definately do this next time as lining it up and taping it down takes ages. Louisescore DC

Chrissie said...

Yet more gems!
There's an award on my blog for you Eileen!
You deserve it!
Chrissie

Fiona said...

What a great idea, will try that next time. For getting gunk off of your scissors try WD40, it worked on mine a treat.
Fiona

Kathleen said...

thanks for the tip - so simple when you think about it!!
Kathleen Mc