Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Thursday 6 August 2009

Tippy Thursday

Hi everyone it's Tippy Thursday again, but first can I welcome all newcomers to my blog and also to say a big thank you to my regular visitors for your support over the last 6 months. Tutorials take time with the planning and without your encouragement I would find it difficult to continue. So please drop by as often as you like - if you are new to my site you will find a section called "Labels" on the side bar which will help you to find past tutorials. If you have any problems, or requests - please contact me - I'm always pleased to hear from fellow crafters.

Following last week's post - I received this new information on obtaining colour recipes from Mandy G over on the DC Forum.

"In case anyone wants any obscure colour 'codes' if you go into the wikipedia website and use the colour as a search phrase it comes up with the recipe. It even works for colours like teal."

Thanks Mandy, information like this is always useful to know.

This week my Pop-up card was mentioned on Card of the week. This is an interesting and informative blog which is well worth a visit. So when you're next blog hopping - hop on over there! To the visitors from that site, can I say "hope you enjoyed looking in my Cupboard and that you will come back again, and again, and again....."

My tip of the week - Scissors
No matter how many cutting blades, dies or punches we have, scissors are always a necessity in our crafting, but gosh they do get stuck up with our tape and foam pads. The other week I had three pairs ready for the bin, but like all the crafters I know, I kept kept give them a reprieve - I don't know why because they were all completely unuseable with the blades gummed up! Even if Superman was around I'm sure he wouldn't have been able to open them!

Then, a lady on C&C mentioned this magic unstickable word "WD40". I have tried all kinds of products to shift glue and nothing has work, but this does. Wipe over the blades, leave for a few minutes, and your scissors are ready to start cutting again. Try it..put new life back into those old and often your favourite scissors. Or, you could try emailing Superman!

Drop by on Monday I have a super card to show you and a new tip for getting more use out of your Square dies?!?!?!

10 comments:

Squirrel said...

LOL Everyone loves comments on their blogs, and yours is well worth commenting on. I love the pop-up card - I'm going to have a go at that next week when my DH is away LOL.
I can imagine WD40 working to un-gum scissors. I have a teflon-coated pair so I don't have to worry about that - yet. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I've not tried WD40, but I do use babywipes. I keep them by me when I'm crafting as they are great for all sorts of things. I give my stamps a quick clean when I've finished stamping until I have more time to clean them properly, wipe my hands and acrylic blocks when they get inky and clean my scissors if they start to get sticky (especially useful if you're cutting out stamps on foam mount!)
Hugs
Sam xx

PinksyDoodles said...

I am a big fan of WD40 - it's a miracle worker on all things sticky!
I can't wait to see your card with the new tip for square nesties - mine are sadly neglected!
Clare x

kay said...

thanks for another fab tip,will be buying a can tomorrow.
kayx

Gibmiss said...

hi ikki also to remove sticky scissors Betterware sticky stuff remover, my roy is an agent in Gibraltar, come over and have a bit of gooorgeous hot hot sunshine
hugs sylviex

Chrissie said...

Hi Eileen, thanks for the tip about WD40 I may well try that. I do use non-stick coated scissors, but they're so well used even they get a bit gummed up. I just wipe them with Sansador. It's the liquid I use to blend my Prisma pencils. It works a treat!
Keep the tips coming. You're a star!
Chrissie

Andrea, said...

Great tip Eileen, I will give it a go on the craft class scissors!! Have a great week and I hope to see you soon

Merry said...

Your blog looks wonderful...I will have to come back tomorrow with more time and have a long read.

Unknown said...

WooHoo.. thanks for the tips for the gummed up scissors. You have a fun blog, found you lurking though Merry. ;-)
Cheers

Unknown said...

Great tip! I've also found that Furniture polish does the job too!
xx