Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Thursday 29 October 2009

Tippy Thursday

Hi, I have had such a rewarding week, the generousity, thoughtfulness, messages of support from crafters who care and want to help by donating cards has been amazing. There has unfortunately been some sad news that Breast Cancer is affecting many women right now, but also good news that the treatments available are working and saving lives. If anyone is in doubt about attending their mammogram appointment, please, please go. Early detection of this disease is so important, even though it can be scary as I found out! I will update you of the funds that you are be helping to raise for this very worthy cause as soon as I can.

This week since crafters are not only thinking of making Christmas cards, from the DC and UK Scrappers forums I read that they are wondering what crafting goodies to put on their own Santa list! Nesties are so sort after, but also so confusing to buy, that today I going to give you links to my past posts to help you make your decision. They are expensive and you want to get the ones you exactly want!

Before you rush off to check them out, I would also like to tell of you of some new embossing folders now available from Crafts-too. I have just bought two from my supplier Making a lasting Impression, and I'm really pleased with them. I have to say that the embossing is not as deep as the CB folders, but the size is much better for UK A6 cards. The folders fit the whole front of your card - so no space at the top and bottom of the embossing, and most importantly NO CREASES. This is probably because the embossing is not so deep and the size is better, but I can cope with this because crease marks are soooo frustrating!

Also new on the market are die cuts from Joy Crafts. If you have not seen what patterns are available - you can check them out on the link on my side bar.

Now for info on buying : ovals
Circles new dies
labels

Hope you'll find this useful, and again many thanks for your support.

1 comment:

Merry said...

These new folders sound terrific. Do they fit into the Cuttlebug?