Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Sunday 10 January 2010

Cuttlebug - Happy Birthday Embossing Folder

This Happy Birthday embossing folder is really useful for that card you need in a hurry! Quick to emboss -  no sentiment needed, but I did round the corners. 

For an embellishment I used a tag - inked the edges -  then used a new silhoutte stamp from Personal Impressions which has sat in my box for an age waiting for me to know what to do with it. Then I decided to add a sentiment after all.  

With  a few beads and wire added to the butterfly.

As I said, a quick card.  I was pleased with this card because all the bits and pieces  used have been hanging about for a long time - I need to use more of my stash!   I do occasionally go through my storage boxes to see what I have forgotten about - I'm sure I'm not the only one who hordes  - it seems to be  a Crafter's disease!!

6 comments:

Chrissie said...

I love quick cards. I there must be something in the air at the moment as loads of my fellow crafters have been having a bit of a clearout!
It's good for the soul!
Chrissie

Christine said...

Hi Ikki,
The Happy Birthday folder is one of my favourites too, lovely card and tag too.
Christine xx

Unknown said...

As i'm a last minute person (my NY resolution is actually to be more prepared in my cardmaking) I can see that I need this folder. I have the baby one but NEED this one. I bet it would look grat also with a sweep of a pigment ink pad over it in the appropriate male/female colourway... Thanks for the idea

Paula. x

Merry said...

This is a wonderful card Eileen...that butterfly is really pretty. I am trying to stick to what I have in my collection for a couple of months without buying anything new.

tracy said...

lovely quick and easy card, i too am going to make use of what i allready have before buying more.

joan said...

Hi Ikki
just been inspired by your use of the Happy Birthday folder, I have had this for ages and not used it so now I,m going to make some cards with it, most of my cards I need to make are for men so just need to find some appropriate images to add to it. Thanks
Joan