Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 1 February 2010

Nestabilitie Pop-up card

This is the Pop up card that I made for the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge last week.

I'm going to try to show you how I made it, if it's not clear - SHOUT!

You will need:
Cardstock 11" x 5.l/2"
Nestabilitie Heart Die
Cuttlebug folder - Fantasy Flowers
Patterned papers, wire, beads

Fold cardstock and crease centre fold. On the card front - measure in from the centre fold 2.3/4" Top and Bottom and draw a pencil line.

Centre the heart die to this line and tape in position
To cut the shape I found that it was best to only sandwich the part to be cut inside the plates. Feed the flap through first, this will stop the plates banging down and marking the card.


Your card will be like this.  You can now score down the pencil mark to the exact centre point on the heart so it will fold back.

Embossing a pattern on the front flap.  Place the folder up to the pencil line and run through the Bug.

This is the your base card


I decorated my valentine card with a smaller heart die, embossed with the same folder, and then added wire and beads.

The inside of the card was decorated with more hearts and bows. The centre heart was a pop up.



The pop up was made from cutting three hearts  and fixing them together - to show you how versatile this pop-up is I have made a butterfly shape

It doesn't matter which way you fold the shapes.  I left the white underneath for a message - perhaps a secret one in the case of the Valentine! To complete my butterfly - wire and beads.

This technique could be used with numerous dies and I think will prove useful. If you create a card using this idea please let me know and link back. 

To Stamptacular Sunday Challenge a big thank you for picking my card as the winner. I'm real chuffed!

5 comments:

Chrissie said...

Brill Eileen, and a well deserved winner!

The instructions are fab... as ever!
Chrissie

Firenze said...

Must must must try this! It's just gorgeous!
TFS
Helen
Firenze Cards

Firenze said...

Thanks for the tutorial Ikki! Here's my version...
http://firenzecards.blogspot.com/2010/02/cuttlebugged-valentine.html
Cuttlebug Hugs
Helen
Firenze Cards

Firenze said...

Hi Ikki - have also credited you on my FB page - http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11237786&l=a74e6fbf32&id=631455053 - thanks for the inspiration!
Helen
Firenze Cards

Betty J Schaub said...

Since I am a visual and a hearing learner I am not sure I got this technique correct. Anyhoo, I like the way my card turned out. Thanks for inspiring me.

Happy Easter
I used your technique as another challenge for my Cuttlebug-ers group at PaperCraftPlanet.