Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 8 February 2010

Nestabilitie Scalloped Octagon - Love is in the air!

My card today is inspired by the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Love is in the air....without a heart was an extra element! I couldn't resist having a go. So, I got out the first stamp I bought and my latest Nestie and designed my card.

Materials and tools used
Nestabilities - largest Scalloped Octagon x 2
                     smaller Scalloped Octagon x 1
Embossing Folder - D'vine Swirls
Grey Metalic cardstock / white card for stamping
Stamped image - Anna Griffin background stamp
Distress inks, embossing powder
Punches

Having stamped and coloured the image - cut using the smaller scallop. I centred the rose on a large background stamp  then embossed the edge  using a tan mat, and inked the edges with distress ink. You will notice that the image is very glossy this is because the image has been triple embossed.




Cut 2 of the largest scallop dies - Emboss 1 with the D'vine swirls folder.

You are now ready to assemble the card. On the back section - score a line (using the scallops as a guide) so the card will open. Glue the two shapes together.



With the image added and a few punched leaves for that extra dimension.
The finished card...
This card is so simple to make and one I will defo be making again.  The possibilites are endless.  I love my new dies, distress inks and thick embossing powder.  Love is certainly in the air - thanks SSC for another great challenge project and Liz for a swift delivery of my new goodies.

Hope you like this idea for a quick Valentine Card - I'd love to see your work and would also appreciate a link.  Please help me to promote the BUG!

Thanks for dropping by, seeya soon...

9 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

This shapre would work well in Easel format too I think, thanks for sharing!

Liza said...

A great card, I love the shape. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Liza x

Chrissie said...

Very opulent Eileen, I wonder who will be favoured enough to receive this!

Chrisise

Aud Kirsten said...

Beautiful card ! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:o)
Hugs:)

Anonymous said...

oh wow this is beautiful, so great!!!

Sprytebyrd said...

Wonderful card! I love the embossing on the nestie, such a nice touch!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Dee

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Very Pretty card! Love the different shape. Enjoy those nesties! Thanks for playing at SSC

Line said...

Such a creative and pretty card! The embossing looks fabulous and I love the shape!

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line

Paula said...

I love how this turned out! Great job! Love how it looks like aged metal! I'm so glad you could join us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula