Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Thursday 27 May 2010

Provocraft - Cuttlebug Vintage Corners on Tippy Thursday

A couple of days ago I posted a picture on what I had done with one of the dies from the Vintage Corner set.  I had a reply from Nessie saying she also had this set of dies and I like me had used the corners but wondered what to do with this one.....
In the end she cut it in half to use as a corner, so.....

this is what you will get.  Nice one Nessie!

this is a stamp from Elusive Images that I have been playing with.  It lacked something?!?!?

So instead of cutting the die in 2, I cut it into 4 and left and bits in!
I like it now - the corners finish the picture nicely and
if you use DST (double sided tape) on the back of the card - they are easy to attach.
The Sandwich for Provocraft dies that will help stop your plates from bending is:
  A /B / die cut face up / card / B
Whilst editing my picture I thought I've have a play with the hue control.   What do you think of this?

 
I have a tendency to dither over what colours to use on an image......I think this could be  a good way of "making my mind up" for the next time I use this beautiful stamp.  Have you tried this?
Have a great day!


3 comments:

Nessie said...

Great idea Ikki, I will try this as well!
Greetings from Scoland,
Nessie

Lynne K said...

Yes, I've played with altering hues on the computer. I did just that with this card. It's a good way of trying out a new colour scheme - if the original colours co-ordinated well, so will the new ones. I love your butterfly card, and, as you say, the corners were the perfect finishing touch.

Sheree said...

Brilliant! Shaz in Oz sent me your way as I was looking for a way to add vintage corners to one of my designs. Now.. I have to hunt that die down!
Love it!
Hugs,
Sheree