Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Thursday 3 June 2010

Embossing Folders

Tippy Thursday and not a lot to say!   Yesterday was a sad day,  also a busy one trying to catch up with WOYWW.  I managed to visit some desks and very interesting they were too...now for a few more!  Catch you soon.

1jmass:  In answer to your question - sorry I do not have a list of the Cuttlebug Folders, and I don't know of anyone who has!  If you are reading this and can help please contact me and I will pass on the info.

You could look at this link:  http://www.provocraft.com/products/catalog.php?cl=cuttlebug&scl=embossing
I was very surprised to see sooooo many folders on embossing, and a lot of new ones too!  The only problem with their A2 size is that it's a bit small for our A6 card and because of this the card can crease at the edges.  As for their 5 x 7 size - the use of this is limiting to me and also confusing - why if the Bug rollers are 6" do they do this size?  I like to emboss straight on to the card and not wrap the card round the folder, as this give me more useage.  But, 7" portrait - not for me!  Now I would like a 6" x 6" folder.  Craft 2 U do a 5" x 5" so hopefully my ideal size will soon be here!

Thanks to all who gave me their opinion on the search feature.  SOOOOOO pleased it works!

Now I have to go a blog visiting, back soon.

2 comments:

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 said...

Hi Ikki! I am so with you about CB folders. I guess they are made for the imperial US market and their standard card sizes are smaller than ours, but we are metric here in Australia like the UK, and I REALLY want folders that suit SQUARE 6 x 6 cards that I make all the time. I can use the folder twice on a square card, but frustratingly the patterns often don't match up. Or if it's a 5 x 7 folder, I can't put it thru sideways - it's so much more limiting. I love how the Crafts Too ef's are larger.

Indentz have just release some ef's. I have ordered one and will see what I think.

Seeing as there are other UK ef suppliers out there, I'm sure our wishes will come one day soon :-)

Unknown said...

i wholeheartedly agree with this... surely there aren't that many places that are limited to the imperial sizes only - most of the world went metric didn't they???

6x6 would be fab.

Paula x x x