Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Tuesday 8 June 2010

Make a fold-back edge card - part 2

As promised earlier, I have my finished card to show. 


The stamp I used for making this embellishment is from Rubber Stampede and is called Solidago Sprig.  Not sure what the technique is called, but I stamped the main sprig and two shadow sprigs onto a background I'd created by misting water onto distress inks.  It  looked ready for the bin until the magic of embossing powder brought it to life.  This technique has me hooked!   


If you have not read my earlier post on how to make the base card, you will find it below.  However, since one of my friends has accused me of being naught for tempting her to buy more stash - I will add that you can make this card with a border punch if you don't have a borderabilitie die. 

Thanks for dropping by.

7 comments:

Lynne K said...

Wow, this is simply stunning! The flower panel is gorgeous (I will be trying that technique) and the whole card is just so elegant. And what a great way to be able to use the embossing folders on the square card.

Christine said...

Oooo WOW, this is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for your instructions on using the boders on a square card and I will certainly have a go at your stamp technique.
Christine xxx

Eileen said...

I just love this .....x

Nessie said...

Ikky, the card is stunning - I love the end result. I have to try it you way. I just don't have any of these borderabilities. Perhaps I try a border punch...

Unknown said...

wow Ikki - this is fabtastic - I love everything about it - but especially the stamp that you coloured up... so stunning.

Paula x x x

Twiglet said...

That is so subtle and beautiful Ikki! I might have to try this card making game myself!!

Alexandra said...

I've just discovered you here and I'm impressed Ikky, your cards are lovely., and there's so much I haven't looked at yet. I've had my bug about 2 years and I love it, & use it regularly.
I love all the tips and techniques you've shared. I can't wait to read more.
I don't know if you've tried this yourself but here's a tip I thought of.I discovered this technique by accident when a naughty cut out bit of card stuck to my embossing mat and then dented my card when I didn't want it to.
I've created my own embossed card, using a sizzix or spellbinders embossing mat along with die cut card shapes, to emboss with,
I've also used my Cricut to cut intricate designs too, these work great too. If the card die cuts/ shapes are quite thin I cut a second the same and stick them together with a glue stick & let it dry. Use this to make a deeper emboss (or de-boss from other side).
Inked up this looks great and you can rearrange the shapes differently each time you run it through the bug, for yet another embossed card. I was pleased with the results.
I hope you don't mind me sharing this here. Maybe you've used this already yourself?
hugs Alexandra