Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Monday 16 August 2010

Marianne Creatables

Hi, and a very warm welcome to my blog.  Today is what my husband calls "Manic Monday" - yes, he often finds me surrounded by bit of this and bobs of that - in a "shall I" or "shall I not" mood.  Today was no exception...but I finally made up my mind and so.....

this is the Marianne Creatables frame that I showed you last week.    After printing a PC generated greeting on white card, I offset the frame and ran through the Bug. 
                                                   

In case you are having difficulties with intricate dies sticking to the frame, this is a photo of what remained after cutting, and tapping the frame against my metal waste bin. This serves two purposes, removes the bits and saved hoovering!   No problems whatsoever after I'd rubbed a wax candle over the die and buffed it up.  Not sure how long the wax coating will last...but for the time being...it cutting fine!
Off setting the sentiment allows space for a flower decoration.



The base card is embossed with a Daisy folder from Joy Too You , and the lovely paper is from Artylicious Echoes of Italy. If you like decorative papers, there is a special offer of papers this week of buy one A4 pack (£4.99) and get one 6 x 6 pack for £1 (usually £3.99) - enter promotional code ARTYPPACK at checkout. Unfortunately, the photo is......bad to say the least....and in no way shows up the paper, so it's back to the camera.   As I said  "Manic Monday"  reigns!

Back later with another photo!  PS: a bit better!

12 comments:

Stampersue said...

Lovely card very stylish. I love the frame it is fabulous.
Stampersue
x

Kathleen said...

lovely card ikki - love the idea of off-setting the sentiment.
kathleen mc xx

Carolynne said...

Offsetting the frames really works well and I may borrow this if that's okay. I have only recently got my cuttlebug so I am taking on board all the hints and tips available.

chrissy xx said...

Love the frame, very pretty. Thank you for sharing.
Chrissyxx

Nessie said...

http://www.inlovewithstamping.com/forum/showthread.php?p=123489&posted=1#post123489

Thanksfor replying to my blog and my problems with the Marianne dies...Just look at my latest reply to the link above.

Nessie

Phree said...

What an elegant card ikki, it's simply beautiful.

craftimamma said...

Thanks for sharing this tip Ikki. That frame certainly is pretty. The photo is fine and shows the detail of everything including the paper when I click on it for the enlargement.

The card is very classy and has a lovely clean crisp look to it.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

that is really lovely and I like the idea of offsetting the greeting

I actually bought that same die set a few weeks back but haven't used it yet, so now I know I need to have a play with it

Thanks for the inspiration as always :-)

Merry said...

What a handy tip about the wax...thanks Eileen. Such a terrific card, I also like the idea of offsetting the greeting.

Unknown said...

Love the card and the paper.
Those dies are lovely too. Can you explain more about the wax (or have I missed something?) as I'm not sure what you mean? Thanks.

Sheena xx

Unknown said...

Oh, just found where you explained this! Thanks for all your tips!

Sheena xx

Sew This N That said...

Oh wow! This is so beautiful babe :) I have been wondering what the creatables were like and how to use them in the bug....is it the same settings as the spellbinders?
*hugs* Heather x