Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Thursday 24 February 2011

Tippy Thursday

Hi, late today making a post because Dave had to go to hospital for a checkup and we decided to make the most of the day and have lunch out.  Problem is I eat too much, not good for my so called diet!  Although I love crafting, sitting in my corner is not an inducement to losing weight, so lunches out will have to stop and I will have to get off my butt a bit more.  Many years ago I was a Weight Watcher leader and I also wrote my own weight programme called Why Weight based on the psychology of losing weight.  Being overweight is fine if you are happy, but I'm not so it's time to do something - so I'm going to look it out my programme and make a firm commitment to myself to do something before I burst!  You could join me if you are interested in my Why Weight Wednesday!?!?!!? I'm going to start next Wednesday to give myself time to get organize, I will share with you my weight week (not weight),  my knowledge of the weight loss industry and diets and share some recipes with you. 

Thanks for all your comments on my second attempt at LisM.  Embosserissima asked what type of card I had used - it was a lightweight textured linen which I feel still gives that white space, but with a little more interest until I get used to all that "white space".  I had not realised how difficult it was to leave off rather than put on!   I have also printed out the giveaway paper from the Chocolate  Baroque DT blog on this type of card and it looks super, but as yet I haven't had time to do anything with it.  Perhaps later!  I have just popped over to the blog and the  number of followers is fast approaching 200 and that means Glenda will be giving us another download, so I'll keep you inform of when it happens. 

Thanks for dropping by,

6 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

You are so wonderful to invite those of us who wish to join you in your Why Weight program. I would love to!!! I, too, sit all day (at my computer for my job) and I NEED to start doing something before I also burst. Looking forward to being on your "Weighty Team."

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and wish you luck on your healthy eating journey. I have been going to weight watchers for five weeks and lost 9 lbs. Really pleased and, maybe because I'm quite new to crafting and blogging, I find my hobby distract me from eating. I can only hope this continues. Thanks for such a great blog and happy Friday!
Suzanne.

Sue said...

Why Weight Wednesday, sounds like a good idea to me, can't weight, sorry for the pun. Got to admit that I'm not happy with my size anymore, maybe it's time to do something about it, this might just be the motivation I need, hope so anyway, time to face facts.

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

I too sympathise with your feelings, I am back at WW for about the fourth time now, been back 6wks so on the downward now thank goodness, like Suzanne my craft keeps me out of the kitchen....Good luck with your journey
Jenni

Aquarius said...

Why Weight Wednesday sounds like a good idea - will be watching out for it. Good news about the CB followers too and I've picked up the second freebie.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

I really agree with you Ikki and posted some weeks ago about having make my annual pilgrimage back to WW - constant onslaught in out life and will pop in to see any tips you give on this as we need all the help we can get,
Shaz in Oz.x