Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Tuesday 19 April 2011

Chocolate Baroque Doodle Bird

Hi, I'm home again but unfortunately too busy to do any crafting other than I DT work, so since I messed bu the picture in a post last week,  I have put it right today.

I have been collecting Alcohol Inks for sometime, but realised that I never use them, so I had a play when making one of my DT cards.....

I used  glossy card and three colours of ink and just moved them about.  It's very interesting because you never know what the result will be!
Then I stamped the bird with Stazon on and embossed with a clear embossing powder.
The acrylic tag was coloured in the same way.
The flower is a Crealie, and the leaves are part of the bird on a branch (minus bird) from Marianne Creatables. I also embossed the panel with a mask from Creative Expressions - Ivy.

Quite a busy and colourful card for me - obviously I felt in a purple mood!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The picture at the top of your blog won't open, it's just a blank space with a small square with a red cross in it at the top left-hand corner.

Unknown said...

Sorry but cannot see picture of the alcohol card you have done.

Lynn said...

The card sounds lovely, but unfortunately the photo is not showing :-( Just thought I would let you know. Lynn x

veronica said...

sounds lovely Ikki, but sadly no photo..........

Paula (PEP) said...

I love your branches & the bird is stunning perched on it. Love the colours too.
Paula (PEP)