Hi

Hi, Thanks for dropping by.

My name is Eileen but to friends in the card making world I'm known as 'ikki'. (which is pronounced I-KEY) From where or how this came about I'm not sure - it just got shorten from my original craft name of Ikemo by various friends along my crafting way! I started crafting whilst recouperating from an accident, and from my first attempts with peeloffs and paint - I was hooked! Now my passion is my BUG! and now BEADING!

In the Cupboard you will find ideas, news, tips and techniques to help you get more from this fab little machine. So come in - join the fun and Cuttle with me!


Sunday 11 September 2011

Music Fanfare

Another card using the new Music Fanfare stamps from Chocolate Baroque - slightly different for me colourwise, but I did manage to use my Bug, an embossing folder, and a few dies......



I received this message,
Hello. I stumbled across your blog today whilst doing a bit of research on cutting machines. I need a machine that will cut shapes for my pendants accurately and quickly. I have 3 shapes that I use: 25mm rounded square, 25mm love heart and 25mmx18mm oval. I don't know whether the cuttlebug is for me? I can't seem to find templates that will do my shapes. Am I looking at the wrong machine? Thank you so much for reading. Your work is just beautiful
Well thank you MissRini, but unfortunately you left no contact addy and I'm not sure what you want to cut!  The Bug like many of the die cutting machines will cut paper, card, acetate, material, foil, felt, but not a thick metal.  For this I think you would need the Big Shot, but I have no experience of this machine.  As far as sizes, you can check out the ovals and squares from my sidebar, or go to the Spellbinder site and there you will find info on the sizes of all the dies they produce.   

I'm sure my readers would be interested to hear more about your pendants, so please let us have more info and I'm sure someone will have the answer for you.


Update:  Thanks PeeJay for your response to this query.  I was asked if the Bug was the machine to look at for certain size dies, but as I said I didn't have enough info to answer this question because MissRini gave only sizes and not the material she wanted to cut.  I pointed to Spellbinders on the question of sizes for dies because I know they give acurate info on the sizes of all their dies and I know that these dies do cut well in my  Bug.  The only problems with cutting in my Bug has been with some of the Nellie Snellen dies, and this was overcome by replacing my very worn B plate. 
Sorry to hear that you have probs with a heavy acetate, I have only used a medium weight and that was okay, but interesting and informative to learn that although your Bug will not cut heavy acetate with Nestie dies it will cut with Sizzix dies!  Thanks for sharing this. 

Sorry if my reply caused any confusion, I'm hoping MissRini will respond with more information, but in the meantime if anyone else has had problems with dies and cutting materials - please tell of your experiences and help others! 






6 comments:

Aquarius said...

Very pretty musical card and it's good to try different colours isn't it? Hugs - Val

Jackie said...

A stunning card Ikki and the colours are great :o)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beuatiful card Ikki...love the butterflies and the colours you have used.

Anne

PeeJay said...

Good to see you post Eileen. Love that card and the colourway is beautiful. Very subtle.
Not sure on the advice you've given to MissRini as it's not the machine that cuts it's the die chosen for the job. The machine is only the tool that aids the die in doing its job and not all dies will cut the materials you've listed, no matter what machine is used. Example - my Spellbinders dies won't cut extra thick acetate but my Sizzix (not Sizzlits) dies will and I've only got a Bug to use either of them with. The machine is fine, the dies not necessarily, so it's the dies she would need to take more care over depending on the material to be cut. The Bug would suit her fine from the sizes she quotes.

Crafty Loops said...

Wow, this is a stunning card. I love those butterflies. Lee x

Merry said...

What a lovely card and I like that embossing folder you have used.